Thursday, August 28, 2008

NEXT STOP... NAOMI FOR YSL


Very few subway advertisements make me stop, do a double take and simply stare, awestruck. I'm usually the one --in true New York style -- rushing by, bumping as many people I can, that get in my way. All that changed, last week as I was leaving the office. I dipped into the train station at 34th street, and noticed a striking image of Naomi Campbell posing in the YSL A/W ad campaign. I couldn't move. Even considering all the times as I've seen the editorial size, all I could do was gaze at this larger-than-life poster. It was simply beautiful. I wanted to take it home, hoist it on my living room wall. But I settled for a little camera phone shot instead. Just look at Naomi in all her glory.

And while we're on the topic, Page Six reported today that her billionaire boyfriend Vladimir Doronin just bought her a $18.5 million penthouse apartment in Sao Paolo after she told him she wanted to settle down in Brazil — it's apparently her favorite country. Lately she's been trying to improve her rage-plagued image, by being phographed at charity events. She also has a clothing in the works with Daslu, the posh Brazilian department store.