Tuesday, July 22, 2008

CALUDIA SCHIFFER FOR CHANEL AUTUMN/WINTER '08 AD CAMPAIGN


Back in March I spotted Karl Lagerfeld, along with Claudia Schiffer and an entourage of others on 122nd St. in Harlem. I'd later find out that they were shooting the Fall/Winter 08-09 campaign for Chanel. I'd completely forgotten about it until I found myself thumbing through the new i-D Mag, with YSL's Stefano Pilato and Naomi Campbellon the cover, and there it was.


This is the second season in a row Claudia has fronted the Chanel advertising campaigns - that is after she was dropped back in 1996, after 5 years as the face of the French house when the heroin-chic look was at its peak. I'm so happy that the 37 year-old supermodel kept her position as the face of the brand even though her younger contemporaries, Coco Rocha and Masha Novoselova have fronted campaigned for Chanel’s Paris-London and Sport campaigns respectively. I love to see the old girls working.