Thursday, July 17, 2008

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER REALITY SHOW ON MTV


I wrote a couple days ago that I was semi-excited to see the direction MTV would take with their new reality series, From G's to Gents. I watched. I must admit that I was mildly entertained... But then something happened to snap me back into REAL - reality. I noticed a familiar face. It was model Zenel, whose career has morphed into something enviable with bookings for some major fashion labels. He's been featured in campaigns for Sean John, G-Unit and Azzure and has had a number of editorials in Complex, Source, Flaunt and XXL to name a few.

MTV describes him: Growing up in a wild and crazy neighborhood in the Bronx gave native Puerto Rican Zenel a tough outer shell. As far as he's concerned, a real G is king of the block, possessing both street smarts and leadership skills. Zenel thinks he's got plenty of both. Not sure if we're so convinced.

The show is hosted by Fonzworth Bentley and centers around 14 men from various parts of the country, who are 'too hood' for their own good - and helps them become gentlemen.

You can check out the audition video as well as a few shots of the "G" himself below. Hey Zenel, 'How you doin??' Shouts to Janard at FAVOREDFASHIONFIX