Monday, November 30, 2009

report: RIHANNA EXPECTED TO SELL 200K NEXT WEEK


Rihanna’s new “Rated R” album will reportedly debut next week with an estimated 200,000 copies according to one-day projections. Although the exact numbers won’t be released for a week, Rihanna looks like she will sell less than British television star Susan Boyle. Other releases include Cash Money albums from Jay Sean and Birdman that look to be selling around 30-35 thousand copies this week.In related news, Rihanna recently talked how much her former boyfriend Chris Brown influenced the content for the album. “This album is an expression of all those feelings that I went through in the last eight months, just different emotions,” she said of the aftermath of Brown’s assault. Rihanna then continued “All of it isn’t angry, all of it isn’t dark and sad, ’cause I didn’t go through that the whole time. That was part of it. It was really a roller coaster, and you get that when you’re listening to the album…I really vented on this album, and as I said before, all of it isn’t about that specific relationship or what I went through, ’cause that’s not who I am. That’s not all of who I am.”