Monday, December 22, 2008

IF EVER THERE WAS A DIDDY BIOPIC, DIDDY WOULD LIKE DEREK LUKE TO PLAY HIM AGAIN

Most rappers like to say their life is like a movie, but with the Biggie movie “Notorious” hitting theaters next month, Diddy is already talking about a biopic on himself.

“Everybody always asked me who I wanted to play me if anyone ever played me, and I said Derek Luke,” Diddy said recently while on the set of “CSI: Miami,” on which he’ll be making an appearance soon.

He went on to say that he would want Derek Luke to continue his role as "Sean Combs" should a Diddy biopic ever be made.

Diddy said he's a longtime fan of Luke's work, citing his roles in "Friday Night Lights" and "Antwone Fisher."

"His ferociousness," he said is Luke's prime attribute. "I felt like he could really represent me well."

While Diddy hasn't quite confirmed that he's interested in a movie being made on his life, he hasn't put the idea to bed either. Luke, on the other hand, has been said in interviews for the film to be a green light.

"I would love to play Puff from scratch," he said. "I would love to play him from start to finish.